Wednesday, September 22, 2010

More on Quinn...

Yesterday, the day home said Quinn had a sluggish sad day. As soon as I arrived he jumped in my lap and clung to me like a baby monkey. So we went home and had a great big family snuggle with Lair and a really good chat. Quinn says he wants to stay home, with me, all the time…. Did I mention a few times over the past few weeks he’s given me a handful of change and told me it was so I didn’t have to go to work?

I don't think this is fully related to Aiden. I think Lair & I have been so stressed and pre-occupied since Dad died, the Chaotic summer, Danny, starting Kindergarten.... just everything. I know how overwhelmed both Lawrence & I are, I guess we were hoping Quinn would just float along oblivious....

We told him how much we love him and he’s been such a good patient boy, and how proud we are of him for going to Kindergarten, etc.

This morning he was good. He did ask me if we could stay home but I told him we had to go. He then ran and grabbed a blankie from his room. He called it his huggie-blankie. I asked “When did you name it?” He said “Last night”. I told him he could bring it to Tracys but could not bring it to school. He has never been attached to a blanket, I think I am more attached to it than he, so I was a bit surprised. And I must admit, my heart sank a bit with Sadness…. He must be hurting so much right now. I feel so bad for him.

I can’t wait to wrap my arms around him…

1 comment:

subutterfly73 said...

Ivy has always had a blanket, I have myself to blame for it- but it might be where Quinn got the idea from.
Ivy's need stems from our family dynamic- Fisher's in and out. She will bring it to the car and that is as far as it comes. I Still have a blankie.