Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Doctors, Truck, family

Lair went to our family doctor and he basically said he couldn't do anything without a physical.... The first appointment available was Oct 5! Bull-shit.

He started to have symptoms associated with this megga pain, so went back to our doctors office and saw the other one. He at least listened a bit and sent him off for Lab work. Wouldn't all this information be on file from the blood & Urine they took at the Edmonton ER? Grrrr....

I was hoping to pick up my truck on the long weekend, except I guess it is still in pieces as they try to find a pump (?) for the transmission. I can not believe how long this is taking - as every day goes by, I see dollars signs for this courtesy car and still don't know how much of this is covered by warranty. >: \


We made it to medicine hat for the day on sunday. I can't believe how frail Danny is - he has almost disappeared, just skin and bones :( Makes me so sad; reminds me so much of what Dave went through... My heart aches. I haven't gotten over him yet so it really hurts to now see Danny fighting.

I must say, his spirits are very very high and positive. He is living every minute that he can. Lots of his family and friends from all over have been coming to see him. He knows the end is near. He has accepted his fate. I just hope everyone around him will get through this ok. He talked to us, asking if Quinn was ok with everything after seeing 'Uncle Dave' go through this, Danny was worried this would be hard on Quinn, as well that he just lost one grandpa and is going to lose another. I don't know how Quinn will react when the time comes.

It ~30 days till we want to go to Disney and ~40 days till Kerri's wedding.

We honestly don't know if he will make it. He says he will, but his physical presents tells me otherwise. If the human soul can endure and overcome the physical, then yes, he will make it to his daughter wedding and I will pray every day that he will.

We haven't booked our trip yet, we have the time off work but will book last minute, just in case... :( We honestly don't know what to think.

No comments: