Wednesday, January 14, 2009

House Hunting.... and a sucky cold...

Well I was right, er, the Internet site I read was right - Quinn's Croupy cough lasted 3 days. His fever broke in a pool of sweat, and I mean pool! Now he just has a cough...

AND SO DO I!

Meh... I know, I have nothing to complain about, but I feel pretty shitty. Definitely a flu-cough-head cold.


So we finally headed out and looked at some places... Viewed 10. We know what we want so it's pretty easy to walk in and know when a place is not for us and our families needs. Our list of 10 has narrowed down to 3; but we want to wait 7-14 days to see if anything new comes on or if there are any price reductions. All 3 have so many good Pros & Cons, so hard to chose.

About the Sale of our place in Abbotsford - again, I am so very thankful for the quick sale because I couldn't imagine sitting here while paying a mortgage there... BUT I'm still pretty choked at losing $25K because that is the amount that would make our lives and house hunting ridiculously easy.... Grrrr.

I digress. So for now, and this could change, we're looking at Country Hills, Coventry Hills and McKenzie Town/Prestwick. Once we have a firm sale, I can get on with my life.

Step 1: find a pre-school with before and after school care
Step 2: find a GOOD paying part time job (hopefully within or near our community)
Step 3: move
Step 4: Take our life off 'Pause' and see how it plays out!


We are dreaming of having dinner parties, games/movie nights. Can't wait to entertain again! When we built the house in the NE that was our main desire - to entertain, and man, did we ever entertain in that place!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Welcome to the blogosphere! Good luck house hunting and dinner parties are just around the corner (for us too!).