Thursday, August 13, 2009

Strength at the gym

So we joined the gym on June 1st. I've only lost 5 pounds, but I know I'm probably losing inches too. (I don't plan to do measurements till September). One really cool thing is how much the weight on the Machines has increased since day one.

When I started I could only do one set of 12. Now I'm doing 2 sets of 10.

.............................June___Aug
Low Back..................75___205lbs
Leg extension..........40___115
Leg Curl....................50___105
Seated Row..............40___90
Chest Press..............25___60
Shoulder Lateral Raise......20___35
Bicep.........................30___50
Tricep.......................30___50

I have girly arms, the last 3 have been the hardest to strengthen!

For cardio I prefer the tread mill - I power walk and jog. My stamina has sure increased! As well I've been taking yoga/pilates/Tai Chi classes - they offer about 8 classes but I haven't ventured to any non-yoga type ones yet. They have a spin room for spin cycle class. I took one class and have absolutely no desire to ever do that again!


It's been fun going to the gym - super awesome being able to do it with Lawrence. He's lost over 25 pounds! How awesome is that!


It will be interesting to see how we look next summer! I think we're actually going to succeed this time!

1 comment:

Kittyhawk said...

Way to go! Its amazing how quickly your body can adapt to lift more and run longer and feel pretty good after you're done!