Monday, August 3, 2009

Calloway Park

On Lair's last day of his 2 weeks vacation, we decided to take Quinn to Calloway Park. neither Quinn or Lawrence have ever been there! And I have tons of great memories of going with Bharathi or Debbie as kids and teens =) I don't think I had been in almost 20 years!

It hasn't changed too much. They've expanded some of the land and added new rides. It has been well maintained and painted etc - I was thinking it may be ghetto, but was impressed.

Quinn loves the rides and we loved watching him go on them. Such joy, excitement and happiness! Hopefully next time we go will be with other little ones so he can share the experience with a friend (Caleb? Jasmin&Max? Connor?)...



Quinn went on the little roller coaster over and over again!












While at the ball pit, a minor accident happened. The ride attendants hold a tall metal bar that shows the allowable size of kids to go on the ride. This big Heavy metal bar slipped out of the girls hands and bonked Quinn on the head! Oh my goodness! After a few minutes of tears, he shook it off and we didn't make a big deal out of it. There was no blood & no bump.; It was a simple accident - I told the (teen) girl who was freaking out not to worry about it.


The rest of our day was fantastic. I even took Quinn on the big Tidal wave - TWICE! We would have gone a third time, but a little guy sitting across from us puked (lots), thankfully once the ride slowed down. Seeing that was enough to not chance that happening to Quinn!





To end our day, all of us went on the Log ride - THREE times in a row! I was super happy that Quinn liked it, but even better for me was the fact that Lair tried it, and liked it, and went on 3 times with us. If I haven't mentioned it before - he is not a rider - he is a coat holder. He gets motion sick very easily (i.e., in a car, boat, plane), so rides have always been off limits for him. Hopefully this little experience has opened new light on rides. When we eventually make it to Disney Land, I've told him he can take some Gravol and will be going on most of the 'easy' rides with us.

So - on our way out, we went to the Administration office as I wanted to report my complaint about those big heavy metal height bars. I was not complaining about the incident, but about the metal bars. I told them there is no reason to use the metal - that wood or plastic would be just as good. I marked down that I want them to contact me in the future to see how this issue has been resolved.

They insisted Quinn see the Medic, no problem. And we went on our merry way.

Thankfully this little incident was just that - little. No blood, no bump - No law suit! However, it would be super if we could get a Family Seasons Pass for next year for free!??

1 comment:

Ursula said...

Definitely want to try this.Maybe we can do it for Quinn's b-day next year :)

Doesn't look like we can make it down before school starts.