Saturday, June 4, 2011

My Dad.

My dad passed a year ago on May 31


My family is just getting into the camping phase... I wish I could ask him about spots and have him meet us.


I am still feeling anger about his death as it was 100% preventable if he had just taken good care of himself.

I believe he was 50ish when he had his stroke.  He had a remarkable recovery - after about 2 years, you wouldn't know there was any issues.  He seemed like he was on the road to a healthier living and a long life, but no sooner was he getting better, he spiraled back down to heavy drinking and over eating...  I told him my concerns many times, as a concerned daughter wanting him to be healthy and happy but he probably thought I was like my mom and just nagging. 

Guess it's too late to say I say Told you so you son of a bitch. 

                   Shitty deal is,      it is MY loss,  not his.

1 comment:

colour treegirl said...

I hear you, Melanie. It is shitty.

All you can do now is remember the good times and eat healthy yourself so that Quinn doesn't have to go through the same thing that we did.

Hugs.
Amber