Friday, June 17, 2011

Strep throat kicked my ass...

This is my strep throat account from June 2 - 6th.




Holy crap.  Went to bed with a sudden sore throat on Thursday.

Friday morning it was all I could do to get my ass out of bed for work.  Thankfully it was a ridiculously quiet day at work.  On my lunch break I laid outside on a bench for an hour and I just wasn't feeling any better.

Fever, chills, extra exhaustion, skin crawling, feeling gross, my neck was getting so stiff.....  Finally around 3 I was done.  Brittany covered for the rest of the afternoon (so thankful for her!).  I thought I had the flu.

On my way home I stopped at Shoppers to pick up some Tylenol Cold & flu when I noticed a walk-in clinic next door.  I stopped in and was seem right away.

I told him my symptoms and he took a look and he said You have Strep throat.  He gave me a prescription and off I went.

I came in at 4pm.  Lair said I was pretty pale.  I laid down and went spiraling fast into a crazy fever hibernation.  Waking briefly to eat ice cream and say good night to Quinn I went down again and didn't arise until noon.

I had some breakfast and thought I felt better, but was taken by sleep again until about 4:30!  My gosh how many hours of sleep can one get?

I am feeling a tad better, but get exhausted just by moving from upstairs to downstairs.  I hope the meds do there thing soon so I can get on with things I need to do!

Sunday I slep all day too.  and monday Britt covered for me in the morning and I came back to work for 1pm feeling better, just tired.  Meds did their job so I could do mine. 


Lawrence came down with a fever sunday night and he slept all day monday.  His throat never hurt, but I'm thinking he was healthy enough to fight it off on his own.



SO happy Quinn didn't get anything!

No comments: