Friday, June 17, 2011

Inshalla Music Conference, June 10 - 12

WOW, did we ever have an Amazing time at Inshala!  A family friendly music festival near Fort McLeod (150km South of Calgary).

I was off at noon, Lair was off at 3, and we were on the road by 4:30.  We met up with the ALLAN's enroute.  I don't know what we were more excited about.  The festival?  Or spending the weekend with the Allans!

Tracy Marie was so kind to lend us her Boler.  It was super cool just pulling in and being 85% ready.

Unfortunately, due to flooding of the nearby river, the campground itself flooded so we were up slope in a field.  No biggy.

The site itself was nice.  A few potties, a nice little park for the kids.  2 stages.  The Art lab and the Geo Dome.


Friday night was an early night.  I think we were back to the camp site by 11 and in bed by midnight.


Saturday morning I got up with Quinn and hit the playground by 9 am.  At 9:30 was a craft session at the 'Kids Zone'.  Then a Biologist to the kids (15 kids?) on a nature walk around the site for about an hour, then she played games with them.  It was pretty awesome!

I attended a Workshop which was 100% me and my thoughts!  It was about engaging your 'Telepiphone' (telepathic awareness).  This workshop wasn't about reading peoples mind, but connecting with others with your energy and learning how your energy effects you and those around you.  It was enlightening.  And it was spectacular to be sharing this workshop with 40+ other people.  It left me on a spiritual high!


I headed back to camp and unfortunately, the Rain decided to make an appearance.  It came down pretty hard but with the 2 sun shelters we had set up we were fine.  Sad part was, it rained during some scheduled kids activities so these didn't take place :(

I had a date with a 2-6 of Sailor Jerry Rum...  Good idea - bad idea!?  LOL  I had a good time that's for sure, though it got a little sloppy at times.

Quinn was energetic enough to stay up late and come to the main stage with us.  He mostly stayed on Lairs shoulders.  He says he had a great time and he enjoyed the Fire Performers the most.  I believe Lawrence & Quinn went to bed after 11.  I continued to dance dance dance the night away.

Pure Awesomeness.  Great people!  Fabulous Music!

Blue Lunar Monkey kept me moving, it was heaven for my ears!  After his set (ended at 4am?), I went to pour me and Sailor Jerry in BED.




I slept in till 10:30.  We slowly packed up.

Quinn and I went for a walk and we ended up at a drumming seminar in the Art Lab!  It was SO much fun!  Quinn lost interest and went to play at the park but I stayed for the whole thing.  It was pretty Tribal.

There was a 'kids parade' where the kids dressed in their costumes and went for a walk around site ending at the art lab where the closing ceremony was about to Begin.

I loved how they started the closing ceremony.  Everyone gathered, then they asked the children to come in and they all marched in while everyone clapped and hooted and hollered.  It was incredible.  Typing this brings tears to my eyes, not sure why - just the celebration for our children was so heart felt and beautiful!

Quinn volunteered to help take down some signs, but we switched to help tear down the Kid Zone area.  When we left the Art Lab, Quinn had a complete meltdown.  The poor thing just couldn't stop crying.  We finally got it out of him that he was just so sad that Inshala was over.  He so didn't want it to end....  It took him till we were 1/2 way home to compose himself.  poor little guy.  At least we know he had a good time!

So off we headed to home where I welcomed my BED with open arms.


NAMASTE INSHALA ~ Till we meet again!

I hope next year Lisa, Dean & Ivy and the Paranteaus will join us!

No comments: