Thursday, May 7, 2009

Firsts and lasts.

Last thursday Quinn and I headed to Edmonton.

Before we left, while Quinn was in school I stopped in to see Dave, knowing her would be moved to the Hospice soon - this visit was defiantly different. I spent about an hour there. I had a chance to say some things I wanted to say. Then we just held hands and cuddled...

Our drive was great, Quinn travels so well! We got to watch Maxmillion play in a Lacrosse game. Afterwards, Albert (and all his awesomeness) watched the kids and Ursula & I had a few Martini's then headed downtown to meet her classmates to celebrate year end exams as DONE.

We went to a nice pub (The Druid) and slammed a few drinks/shots. We had an outrageous conversation with some 20 year old boys and we knew the evening was just beginning.

We then went to a Top 40 (?) bar with the classmates. Did I mention the majority of these students are 18-20!? lol More shots for the ladies! In fact, enough shots to get us out on the dance floor. Ursula and I had a blast. Too much fun!

We got home around midnight (?) and woke up Albert. He and I ended up staying up all night gabbing while Ursula passed out. HOW much did she drink?! Who knows, but she deserved every ounce... errr., Litre(s)!


Friday day was a write off. We laid low. Hung out. They let me nap most of the day! (Bless their souls). Friday night was ladies night - 11 of us went for dinner and had great time and great food.
Quinn had his first open flame roasted hotdog and his first ROASTED MARSHMALLOW! He loved them!

Saturday we spent all day outside -I believe it hit 24 degrees! Man I wish we had a yard like the Parenteau's!! Nice to be able to run around! Quinn rode his first two wheel bike with training wheels! We're going to buy him one soon! He loved it! I almost wept a few times watching my baby do such a big boy thing!

People started arriving through out the day, as evening set we had a great BBQ and Albert started the fire pit. Since Quinn was outside all day - he went to bed with no problems and I chillaxed! Another great evening surrounded by wicked peeps and hilarious conversations. I actually went to bed early (1:30am!) as I was wiped from all the merry making and knew I still had to drive home.

Sunday we were up and gone by noon.



Seeing Dave in the Hospice really brings it home. The visits are getting shorter and shorter; so far he's been up and alert (always a blessing) but I've just been told he is rapidly deteriorating... We're off tonight as well; I don't even know if he will be conscious; nor if he ever will be... =(

1 comment:

Ursula said...

Remember it is the start of the forever journey. In a different time and place you will see him again. Just take comfort in knowing is suffering will soon be done.

We had a great visit thanks for coming up. We will try to make it down on a Mon/Tues that Albert has off to hang with you guys.