Sunday, May 10, 2009

I said my goodbyes.

We saw Dave on Thursday. He is not responding to pain and is pretty much in a Coma - BUT, I know he can hear us, he does have a subtle reaction to touch and voice.

I had my cuddles, bathed him in all the love and energy that I could muster and said my goodbyes. I know he could hear me. His eyebrows raise, he tried opening his eyes, he squeezed me hand, and I know he was trying to talk. I wish I knew what he wanted to say.

I treated this visit as if it were the last, just in case; by the next visit, he may slip farther away I wanted him to hear what I had to say; wishing I said it 4 days prior when he was up and walking and alert. Regardless, I am at Peace with saying everything I said to him, and if/when I see him again, I will say more...

I just wish I could have him wrap his arms around me one more time and hear him say 'hey kiddo - I love you'.

3 comments:

subutterfly73 said...

squeeze. I'm here if you need a shoulder.

colour treegirl said...

XOXOXXOXOXXOXXOXOX

Ursula said...

Another time another place and you will get to hear, welcome kiddo, I love you.

Take heart in knowing that his suffering is near at an end but the forever journey gets to begin.

If you need to cry give me a call :)

Hugs to you and lair and Darcy :)