Friday, April 3, 2009

Fun week

Quinn started his gymnastics class on tuesday. He will have one 1 hour class a week for the next 11 weeks. Every other class will be a theme - next class is Crazy Hair day!

It was so interesting to observe him interact with the 2 coaches and 6 children. We sit in a viewing gallery behind a police line up mirror LOL. He is very well behaved and seems to listen well, which is more than I can say when we are out shopping!

He's excited for the next class and seemed to have tons of fun. The class is 6 kids including him ages 3 and 4.

Dave L. is in the hospital. Has been since last friday. Had a nice visit with him the other day. He has unexplainable abdominal pains. All the scans and tests they are doing are ruleing out their suspicions, however there is not explanation :( On the plus side, I do believe he has one of the nicest views in the whole hospital! A wall of windows ceiling to floor overlooking Parkdale/ the river valley.

We had Kelly Red over for a BBQ. It was nice to sit down one and one and chat.

Steve & Karen came over to hang out with Quinn while Lair & I went to see Coraline in 3D. What a fantastic movie - Odd, bizarre, creepy, dark. I can't believe it's rated "PG Childrens/Family show". I think it should be PG 13...

I want to take Quinn to see Monsters vs. Aliens in 3D, the new Dreamworks movie. It is rated G... So far I haven't read any reviews that lead me to think it would be too much for him. He loves Monsters Inc, and he loves the Incredibles - and this movie is pretty much Monsters inc meets the incredibles... (I personally think the Incredibles is too much violence for the little man, but the damage has been done)...


I woke up with a cold. As did Lair. As did Quinn. Ug. I blame the crappy cold/hot/cold/hot weather. Sucks cuz I wanted to go see Dave again today.

It's snowing again today. :(

3 comments:

Ursula said...

Ha ha ha,

Our snow is almost gone!!! Both my kids LOVE gymnastics, LOVE it. Something I don't see them giving up in the near future.

Cheers,

Ursula

Vik said...

I'm pretty sure the cold thing is a virus and nothing to do with the weather. Carrying a small bottle of hand sanitizer and using it frequently when touching public property - door knobs, shopping carts, etc.. is a good defense.

Unknown said...

I'd love to see Monsters vs. Aliens in 3D. If you go on a weekend, let me know!