Friday, April 25, 2008

Potty Training


We've been potty training off and on since January. He hasn't been cooperating very well at home, but he is pretty much potty trained at his day home.

We usually put underwear on him as soon as we get home; I also put 1-2 pairs of soiled undies in the laundry every day as he just wasn't getting it. We would put him on every 20 minutes and sit for 10 for nothing to happen, only to have an accident 3 minutes after leaving the bathroom...

BUT, tonight he ran to the potty and went all by himself! As well, He was hiding in the corner... I took one look at him - grabbed him and put him on the potty just in time for #2! Woo-hoo! Never thought I'd be so happy to see that!

I hope this is the begining of the end of Diapers and pull ups! I know it will still take lots of time, but at least he's seeming to start at our house.

1 comment:

spotlite said...

Did he get that long list of things your promised him when he went? I forgot what it all entailed except for that truck on top of your fridge.

None the less that is awesome news! Maybe he will learn faster then our cats. They just started today.