Sunday, March 15, 2009

Wow, two more weeks have flown by

Wow, another two weeks has gone by - where does the time go!?

We're unpacked and settled; wouldn't know we are new to the house other than the lack of decorating/art. That will come together in time.

Finally got around to decorating Quinn's room - we bought Curious George decals, One large one and bunch of small ones. It's cute - he likes it a lot. It's not as grand as his Jungle scene we painted in his room in Abbotsford, but we figured his taste will change a lot over the next year or two, so using something that is easy to remove/replace would be the way to go.

Have I mentioned lately how much I love our washer & dryer? Only been doing 2 loads of laundry a week - one dark, one light :) Awesome.

Life with Quinn has been incredibly wonderful. He adjusted amazingly well to the move and the house. I really enjoy shopping with him (if we have a shopping cart). It's been quite cold for the past while so we've been making the best of our indoor time with crafts, painting, coloring, etc. The weather is warming up, so I'm hoping to go explore the parks in our area.

Last week I perused the job boards for a part time job. I actually found a few that sparked my interest and applied. I got a call back the next day on one, been playing phone tag, will call them tomorrow. I think my E.I. is good till July but should start looking soon. If my E.I. ran out before I got a job, we would be absolutely screwed. It's hard though because once I start working, when you factor in child care, I'll be bringing home a fraction of what I get on E.I.

We had a busy week with family. Had mom & Guiseppe over for a big dinner. Lair's folks were in town, then Lair's sister & her boyfriend came in and we had surprise visit from Uncle Dwayne & Dwight (from Grand Prairie) in High River for a wresting competition.

Friday night there was a psy party. Lair had to work at 5am so he didn't go. If it weren't for Kerri, I wouldn't have been able to go. I had SO_MUCH_FUN! I haven't been to a psy party in cowtown since 2006!! I was a little nervous walking in by myself, but it felt like we were never gone. I had a mental list of people I wanted to catch up with and saw all but two. Many smiles, many hugs, so nice to see people in the flesh, face to face, not just 'facebook'. David, Vik and Kurt arrived shortly after I did and I spent most of my night by their sides on the dance floor. The music was pretty good; Not as hard as I like it, but dancable. And I pretty much danced all night.

I got home around 4:30; Lair was in the shower getting ready for work. So he greeted me hello and good night, I greeting him hello and told him to have a good day.

Kerri & Jay were going to watch Quinn for the morning; so nice all night knowing that I could actually get some sleep once I got home. I had a lovely sleep got up, had a shower, and started my day at noon, somewhat refreshed.

Kerri & Jay had to leave, but Uncle Dwayne & Dwight were in town so we got to have a visit with them.

So this week was family family family! Awesome!

So happy to be back in Calgary.

No comments: