Saturday, February 7, 2009

Horrible Terrible No Good Very Bad Day... Interupted by an hour of fun skating =)

Wow - not too sure what happened to me today... First off, Quinn and I fought all morning (Lair was at work). Power struggles, him testing me, me being stubborn, him intentionally doing things he shouldn't.... I was so ridiculously hyper-sensitive to his grumpy/defiant mood. (If and when I am hyper-sensitive, it's usually towards Lawrence, this was a first w/ Quinn).

Thankfully Lair was home by 1 to mediate...

By late afternoon we made up... but I'm still in a miserable mood. Thankfully Quinn is in bed, and mom is at her boyfriends, and Lair had plans to go out tonight.... Maybe this is what I needed, some Me time...
I can't wait to get into our house! One more week! I SO need some stability and normalcy in my life! I have felt displaced and lost for the past 3 months. =(


......................................STEVE & QUINN LAST WEEKEND

BACKTRACK...

Last weekend, Steve & Karen took me and Quinn for his first skating lesson. It was my first time on the ice in 14 years. I didn't fall so all was good. Quinn obviously fell lots, but he was determined to try try try. He loved having Uncle Steve hang on and skate with him.

This week I bought him Elbow & Knee pads and a 'skate trainer'. Man, this this was worth every penny! Quinn held on and just went! He fell down a few times, but could easily get up using the trainer. I bet he'll be confident and having 100% fun only after a few more trips to the rink!

Lair went on the ice today for the first time since he was a kid. He didn't fall, but needs some ice time, and needs to brake in his skates.

I am more confident on my toes, never fell, but need much more practice!

No comments: