Sunday, July 11, 2010

May - a busy month!

In mid May Shpongle was in town! On a tuesday night.... So we booked off wednesday morning, lined up a sleepover at Nan's for Quinn and went on a date.

We met at Tracy's for pre-part drinks then headed to the venue.

It was Ok. In the end I really had a great time, it was awesome to be in the presents of such an amazing producer, however, 'Shpongle' to me means Simon Posford AND Raja Ram + a live vocalist and possible live percussion.... It was just Simon. So I was miffed, but got over it quickly.


So we had a fantastic night, were home around 3am and slept in wednesday morning, getting to work for 1pm.


Right when the show started, I sneezed. And it was one of those sneezes where you totally know you just got a head cold. So on wednesday I woke up with a wicked head cold and was very tired.


Jen Milka had an Engagement Brunch. I can't tell you how happy I am for her and her fiance. They seem absolutely perfect together!

We also spent the afternoon at Bowness Park celebrating Janine's birthday. It was a great day. Owen is growing and happy.



For May long weekend Tracy invited a bunch of us up to her Cabin at Alberta Beach (45 min from Edmonton). The cabin is awesome. It's actually a little house with a 'bunk house' in the back. It has a beautiful treed yard and fire pit. It was a nice get-a-way and as always, terrific to just be with our Chosen Family).

Sunday night Quinn woke up with an Ear ache. It made for a LONG night. He was up and in pain past 4am then up at 8. Poor guy. He's never had an ear ache that I know of. I felt so helpless.

The drive home on monday he was still in pain so we stopped at a Shoppers Drug Mart and got some ear stuff and Tylenol. He slept almost the whole way home.

I took him & I to a medic enter (2.5 hr wait). Him for his ear and a cough and me for a bad cough (The one from Shpongle). His ear was ok, but we both had a chest infection so we both got antibiotics. Not bad, Quinn went almost 5 years without any antibiotics, and thankfully he wasn't allergic to it.

One week after May long, Quinn woke up with a Fever! It's been a long time since that happened. Later that morning he seemed fine, just low grade, so we went to see Shrek 4 with friends. During the movie his fever went higher. After the movie on the way home, he puked in the truck! And slowly all night his fever got higher and higher.

I put him on the floor next to our bed and checked him every hour. By 1am he was at 102. I called the Health Link and they said not to worry until it was at 104. I didn't sleep well at all. I called in sick to sleep and my 9am, his fever broke and he was fine. That was scary.



On with our busy month of May....

Quinn had his 'Kindergarten Orientation', where we went to his school and got a tour, met the teachers and admin staff. Saw the rooms and met soon to be classmates. We loved being there. Both Lair & I had memories flood in from when WE were Five!! We both has such fond memories of Kindergarten and are both so excited for Quinn in this next Big step of his life.


A few days later, Quinn & I attended 'My 1st Bus Ride'. A school bus orientation as he will be bussed to a school about 10km away. It was a good afternoon. And in the end, we both rode a bus, then the little ones rode it without the parents. He'll be just fine. I just don't like the idea of him on the Deerfoot every morning!

No comments: