Friday, April 9, 2010

Good peepers.... for now!

Quinn had his annual eye doctors apt on Wednesday.

He did such a good job! Such a big boy! Memories flooded back of when I was his age, seeing Dr. Gimble in a building near the sketchy Mac's on 7th Ave. I can remember feeling so grown up in that big chair! As well I remember looking at a picture of a barn... Funny the things you remember.

In the end, Quinn's eyes are healthy, but, they have changed a bit from last year. It seems that he may be developing an astigmatism (I have severe astigmatism so I am not surprised). However the Doctor said we'll wait one more year, and if that time it gets any worse (which he predict is a high possibility), little man will need little glasses...

So we talked about how he might where glasses like daddy, and he seems to like the idea.

I just pray that he does not inherit my bad eyes! Oh how I hated wearing glasses! =(

2 comments:

Ursula said...

just think if he does need glasses, he can pick out some really cool ones!!! No need for coke bottle thick rimed "OMG you wear glasses" types any more. Then when he is 20 they'll probably have some drop that you an put in your eyes to heal them all up :)

Our kids are going to go when I am off school. Since Albert's eyes were so bad I want to stay on top of it too.

Well, I guess only time will tell. Crossing my fingers that he never has to though :)

hugs

Berto said...

Don't tell anyone but yuck! I hated wearing glasses. I'm already thinking of making a savings for eye surgery for the kids if they ever need it. I pray they don't ever need it. I may not be able to get them a car for there graduation, but I'll pay for the eye surgery. My one regret, and I think I told you this already, is that I didn't get the surgery soon enough.
P.S. I still have my last pair of glasses as a reminder.