Thursday, January 7, 2010

Zoom Zoom!

Did you hear the news? We finally found a vehicle!! We've been shopping for weeks and were starting to get frustrated. We test drove quite a few SUV/crossovers but weren't falling in love with anything.

Tue Jan 5: Lair spotted one at a car lot on autotrader.ca. We called to see if it was available and headed straight over.
It's a 2002 Mazda Tribute. Leather interior, power everything, moon roof, V6 AWD plus push button 4X4! We both fell in love with it as soon as we sat in it. We both test drove it, came back and made an offer. We spent $700 over our budget, but the extra money was a 1 year unlimited KM warranty (which I am so thankful we got... to explain in a bit).

Wed Jan 6: We arranged the insurance and registration and picked it up!

Thur Jan 7: I drove it to work. It felt like complete freedom as I've been car-pooling with a girl at work, and she was on vacation all week so Lair was driving me to work. I loved it! As soon as I dropped Quinn off I cranked the stereo - WAY better than the one in the van! I was a happy girl. I took 52nd Street as Deerfoot was backed up.

I forgot my lunch so went home on my lunch break. I took the Deerfoot. Let's see what this baby can do...... um... come on baby..... long skinny peddle on the right? Yikes! I could not get it to go over 80km!! Holy crap! I was pissed. Thinking maybe it just needed to warm up longer, went home, had lunch, came back. it got up to 100km, but not any faster. Something is wrong =(

I called the car lot and he told me to bring it in after dinner. He gave me a loaner (a crappy explorer which made me fall in love even more with my Mazda).

Fri Jan 8: Got the call to come pick up my truck. He said the Catalytic Converter was clogged and it's fixed now. I picked it up and yup, it goes really fast! LOL

Sat Jan 9: Quinn and I did a whole bunch of running around (Costco, superstore, Wal-Mart) and everything fit in there back of the truck. It's so awesome!!! Washed it, had the moon roof open. Loving it!

Saturday night, heading out to Brenna and Chris's housewarming, Lair was going to drive. We get in and there is a 'trouble light' on. =( Grrrrr..... Still trying to figure out what the issue is. I think it has something to do with the omissions sensor. The manual gives a few steps to do to clear the light. I won't know until tomorrow if it's a success. If the light is still on tomorrow - I will be calling the car lot. I really love this vehicle and hope this is the last of the problems :(

I poked around on the internet about Catalytic Converters. It said if one is clogged the correct thing to do is to replace it. But you can 'clean' it. My guess is they 'cleaned' it and now my omissions sensor is sensing something wrong. So I'm thinking I will have to ask them to replace it. (I sure hope this is covered in the warranty and that they give me a loaner and they just deal with the problem instead of putting a band aid on it.

I'm know wondering if we should have got the 3 year warranty!? I am also wondering if we should take it in for an inspection to Certigaurd or Canadian Tire to see if there are any issues we should attend to while under warranty.

So there you have it, we now own a Mazda :
Zoom Zoom! I just pray it's not a Lemon!!

2 comments:

Chantal said...

Melanie,

I've had my Mazda Protoge for 8 years and I had two before that.

I love dealing with Mazda and the dealership.

They are pretty good at dealing with thigns like your sensor. Bring it in, I don't see why it wouldn't be covered by your warranty. They also provided me with a loaner..

CONGRATS for you guys. Love the ZOOOM ZOOM!

Michelle said...

Love the 'zoom zoom' :0)lol
Sounds like you did good. Enjoy your new ride