Monday, January 25, 2010

Flames Game!

So a perk at work is, I get to wear my Flames jersey when we have a home game.

Now, I must admit, I am a bit of a poser, as I don't actually watch the games. Wearing the jersey is comfortable, almost like wearing pajamas to work! So heck ya, I will take full advantage of this perk.

The VP of Water Resources came down 2 Friday's ago and gave ,e tickets to that nights game; well on such short notice we were unable to go so I gave them back. So he asked when would be better for me and gave me tickets to last Thursdays game. Calgary Flames vs. Chicago Blackhawks.

It was a fun game for me! I've only been to one game and that was in grade 10, Flames vs the NY Rangers. A boy named Rob took me.

Vanessa and Mike baby sat for us; Quinn was uber excited to hang out with them. We had dinner first with them, then left.

I had 3 beers, shared nachos and a pretzel. Man oh man is everything there expensive! $7.50 for a beer! A Crappy Canadian non-the less LOL Oh well, it added to the fun (and my headache the next morning).

The first period was slow, the 2nd period they started warming up and the third period I was almost drunk;... I mean, they played a decent game - but lost.

I will happily accept free tickets again but don't foresee me ever paying for them. Oh ya, and the seats where pretty good; Just off the left shoulder of the Goalie, 8 rows off the ice!

No comments: