Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Calloway Park Responce.

To remind you what happened in July, at Callaway, at the Ball Pit, the teen gal who works it accidentally dropped the Big Heavy Metal bar they use for measuring height. This bar hit Quinn in the head as he was sitting on a step putting his shoes on. He cried lots but after a few minutes was fine. There was no goose egg, or blood. We all 'shook it off' and had a great day. On our way out I wanted to complain that they shouldn't use a big heavy metal bar. They insisted Quinn see the Medic (although it was 5 hours after the incident). I checked off that I wanted someone to contact me regarding this incident.


That was in July.

I sent a reminder e-mail in October that I was still waiting for my answer.

In November, I got three 2010 Season's Passes through the social club at work ($18 each! killer deal! Regular $69!), and on my application, I made a note I was still waiting for someone to contact me.

Well finally, I got a phone call yesterday in response to the complaint I lodged in July.

The over all issue for me was concern that this wasn't the first and wouldn't be the last issue with the height bars. The guy explained that these are actually new as of the 2009 season. In the past they used wood, but found that the wood would shrink or expand and the size measurements were not consistent from week to week, month to month, as well the wood would shrink from the bottoms slowly grinding off, or break when the ride attendants would joust with them ect. So they decided to try the in-house made metal bars.

He said so far the metal is the most consistent for measuring height and maintaining it's accuracy. So they do intend to continue using them, HOWEVER, because of the incident this summer with Quinn (the first injury reported due to height bar), they will be stressing the importance of handling the bar when people are near. He said they are updating the training manual and will stress the importance of this new info to the trainers and employees. And they will see how the next season, Season two with the metal bars, works out.

I am satisfied that they are making new policy and procedures with care and attention to the ride attendance.

No comments: