Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pumpkin Patch & Thanks Giving

We had a pretty good Thanks Giving weekend so far. It was absolutely gorgeous on saturday so we headed out to "The Apple Barn Pumpkin Farm"... Here's a pic of my 'Punkin' with the pumpkins! They have U-pick Pumpkins, apples, plums, farm animals, hay rides, pony rides, Trike Farm, Marshmallow Zipline, Jumping Pillow, orchard tours, Cider Mill, Veggie stand, Honey Bees, Store and concession. It was a lot of fun we had a fun afternoon!

Quinn picked out his own Pumpkin. Found it in the middle and off to the side of the patch. We were glad he chose one his size and not any bigger!



Today was laid back and quiet, just chilled and relaxed. I cooked a nice Prime Rib for dinner with Yorkshires and cauliflower casserole. Made the rub from Olive Oil with fresh chopped Garlic, Oregano, Garlic, Basil, Garlic, Rosemary, Garlic, Parsley, did I say GARLIC? :) And the Yorkshires came out great - didn't even fall after they came out of the oven! (I could easily eat all 12!)...


I am Thankful that this will be the LAST Family Holiday where we are alone with no extended family of friends..... I am thankful for Lawrence and Quinn the most amazing Beings in my life, and I truly thankful for our Families Health and of course, the trek back to Calgary.

Lair has to work tomorrow. Not sure what Quinn and I will do. Was thinking maybe one last trip to the Zoo or maybe go swimming. Who knows.



Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

The Evolution of Lily Bug said...

Looks yummy!!! We are also going to our first pumpkin patch as a family this weekend...can't wait!!