Thursday, October 16, 2008

Phew! Everybody knows now!

So things at work have been a bit stressful for everybody. A few weeks ago the Facility Manager was fired. He'd been there 20+ years and was a few years away from retirement. Since then, other big wigs from head office have taken over and they've been interviewing everybody and getting us to do anonomous employees reviews on our fellow work mates, do our own self-evaluation, have round tables in a safe off the record environment... over all, it just feels 'off' there, like we're waiting for the Axe to fly. So for me, being the part-time admin support, I have felt like I would be the first to go, so I was waiting to tell them until november as I was afraid they'd can me on the spot now if I told them.

Today my Boss, the office supervisor, wanted to have a 1 on 1. Before we got started, I told her everything. She is very happy for us and sorry to see me leave. We had a quick chat about work, then just talked about everything going on in my life. She will be very accomodating to my departure. I gave an end date as Nov 21, but this may change pending sale of house (like I may leave earlier or might stay an extra week or 2 into december; who knows!).



We had two showing on the place last night. No offers :( Still waiting for feedback.

No comments: