Monday, August 11, 2008

Swimming hole, Jet Fighters, and Date night!


Last week was a busy week - in the yay we're having fun busy kind of way!

Quinn and I went to Aldergrove Lake, a small man-made filtered 'lake' (more like a huge outdoor swimming pool) surrounded by beach in the middle of trees. Very nice setting!

A million kids though - this isn't a place you would go if you were kidless! So, a million kids, and a swimming hole - means a million X the Pee!! EEEWWWWWW.

It was 30 degrees, it was hard enough to let Quinn in the water, but it was so hot and Quinn wanted me to swim with him... So I let go of the reality of yuck and enjoyed the moment of summer fun with Quinn. We had a blast. Swam for about an hour or so, then he happily played in the sand. I was really wishing Ursula & the kids were by my side. :(

The Abbotsford airshow was this past weekend. The whole week prior we had Jet Fighters sonic booming over our heads. I thought it was really cool, but the novelty started wearing thin, especially when they were flying so low over our HOUSE! It was so loud. As cool as it was, it hurt Quinn's ears. He was scared, but not.

We filled his little pool in the backyard. It didn't warm up as much as I thought it would, but he still had fun. So much in fact that he decided to do the full Monty.


Our babysitter went home to Denmark so we haven't really gotten out so I found a new babysitter. A mature lady, just moved here from Edmonton. Quinn is quite fond of her. So Lair and I went to Restaurant 62, one of Abbotsfords few Finer dining establishments.

It was nice. A little 'unpolished' when you compare it to a few high end eateries in Calgary (and compare it to Hell's Kitchen! LOL)... However, the food was great. We got a free Appatiser (Lobster Bisque Soup) because they ran out of Lemons for my long island ice tea. I had a 14oz Rib Eye and Lawrence had a rack of Lamb... <-- WHAT Lawrence ate meat? That's right my friends, he fell off the vegetable wagon ;)

I will go back, but only because we try a sampler appy dish, and their short rib melted in our mouths - I gotta get me some more of those!

After our dinner we headed off to see the Dark Knight. Loved it!


So that's about it from our neck of the woods.


I have two summer wishes, 1) to drink beer on a patio with my friends, 2) to play in Reily Park wading pool with Quinn....



Sigh... :(

2 comments:

Ursula said...

We wish we were there too :( well, at least maybe some where with sand and bahama mammas!!! Missing you lots lately, I will try to give you a call whenI am off to catch up. I am assuming you are on your full nights now.

Hugs n love

Anonymous said...

We should try and make a day in the next few weeks to do some drinking beer on a patio. There is a great one we found by our place near the beach.