Friday, February 19, 2010

Floaters


Floaters in the eye are random bits of protein (?) and other various organic matter (?) from your eyeball walls that detach and subsequently 'float' in the eye goo. I guess it is considered somewhat normal (but more so with old age).

I've been plagued with floaters in my eyes since I was a child. It's like having a gnat fly through your vision, except there isn't anything there, or like looking through lace or a veil, or a psychedelic haze (lol)... small shadows drift in and out of my field of vision constantly... of all shapes and sizes; spots, squiggles, lines, cobwebs.

My new Optometrist is aware of them (saw him almost a year ago) and he didn't express any concerns. However, as of late, it seems like there are more than usual. Especially when I'm reading, using the computer, or tired. They are so abundant these days I need to stop and wait for my vision to clear so I can read/type... I guess I should make another appointment to make sure everything is ok.

As far as I can tell my daytime eye sight is still very good (probably still better than 20/20, however my night vision, well, let's just say, I had a hard time seeing as I was folding (dark) laundry last night in dim light ... Sigh.
Note to self. Make apt. to see eye doc.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey sweet, did you get that appt?

Anonymous said...

from tracy