Saturday, June 20, 2009

Quinn's First Camping Trip!

Last weekend, while Lair was working, Quinn and I went on an adventure with Katie, Kevin, Janine, Mike, and his dog Karma.

Q, Katie and I went out earlier and the rest met us in the early evening. Right when we arrived it started to rain, so we quickly got my tent up (Kevin was coming with Katies later) and Katie used her magical Tarp and tarping skills to keep us dry!



Quinn had a ball the whole weekend and he was such a good boy! He LOVED peeing on a tree - he thought that was greatest thing in the whole world LOL. The first night I decided to let him stay up as late as he wanted.... Whoops - time sure flies when you're sitting around a fire - it was midnight when he asked me to put him to bed. What a trooper. He had no problem sleeping in the tent by himself. When I finally crawled in, I just could not get warm! I snuggled him as much as I could but I think he sucked the heat out of me; but he felt warm and didn't complain the next day, so I guess as long as he was good, it was good!



Day two was filled with relaxing, walking, drinking, Quinn riding his bike, playing, eating, a trip to the River.

Day two I put Quinn to bed around 9pm. Again, he went down with no trouble at all. (Amazing!). This time I bulked up and dressed warmer and was warm all night and had a great sleep. Quinn even slept in an hour later than usual!

Day three we cleaned up camp and left in the afternoon. We were home by 6pm and in the shower.

It was a super great time and I really look forward to going again. In July we will be camping at Motion Notion, then a week later at Dinosaur National Park, and will hopefully get out once or twice in august.




Quinn & Karma Quinn and Mike




Quinn and Katie.... Is it me, or is that a large ORB near the van!?


{P.S., (MOM) If you click on the photo it will enlarge it}


<3

1 comment:

Ursula said...

Awesome on a scale of so kick ass!!! We are really looking forward to some MoNo camping!!! then Dinosaur camping. Hopefulyy we can get a trip in again in august when Albert and Lair have the same days off.

Cheers