Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Packing....


Wow. Working, parenting, packing and trying not to stress... Not so easy.

Packing is coming along slowly but surely.

We don't get home till 1:30, then have lunch. Quinn demands attention the moment I pick him up from school. Stories and playing, then the fight to get him down for quiet time for an hour. During that hour I get very little done unless he actually falls asleep and try to get the housework done while he's down.

Next thing I know Lawrence is home. Time for dinner, that means one cooks while the other tends to Quinn.... so no packing; then after dinner is family time. Then Quinn's bath time I can putter for a bit then it's bedtime. Stories, hugs, kisses, cuddles.... 8:30.... Putter for 30-60 minutes - screw it. Relax for an hour (which usually means TV & Laundry)... - sleep.

Repeat.

This has been my daily grind. Then for weekends, Lair hangs out with Quinn most of the day and I get some good packing in. It just feels like it's never ending.

With Quinn, I've decided not to just 'pack it all up' and live bare bones as I'm trying to not disrupt him too much. When we painted and the house was up-side-down, we could see how it effected him, so I've been cautious while packing.

This weekend is the final push though - hopefully he can handle it for the week after. I'm praying to be DONE by monday night so Quinn and I can go say our goodbyes to Crissy & the boys on Tue (stat holiday), and on wed maybe go see Madagascar 2, then Thursday is moving day.


Craziness with a three year on top! But he's so awesome, so far so good - we'll see how he reacts with all the changes in Calgary...



OH, I almost forgot. So yesterday I did a internet search on preschools in Calgary.... I found one in Wellington Square! (MOM lives in Wellington Estates!). Can you believe it? So convenient! So tue/thur 9-11:30 :) They have room for him and are excited for a meet and greet upon our arrival.



That's it for now....

3 comments:

Vik said...

Welcome back to Calgaria...=-)

Ursula said...

That's awesome. At least he will still have his bed and school to keep him occupied :) Talk to you tonight,

hugs to everyone :)

Anonymous said...

Monday - haven't checked your blog since Castle Park! Busy last week with the conference, then at G's since Friday. Quinn looked adorable in his dolphin outfit! Your pumpkin was incredible - good job! Your in the home stretch for packing now, good luck finishing it off. I still have some cupboards to go through, and will start today. (It's the holiday at the CH, instead of tomorrow.) I'm going in for a while tomorrow, then taking the rest of the week off. See you soon!:)