Friday, February 29, 2008

The Power Within

So it's been a good start to the weekend. Get in the car - turn on the radio, not even 1 minute in the car and I hear "the Winner of two tickets to next week's Power Within modivational conference is... Melanie Ashmead!" Yeay Me! Then a few minutes later, driving down the highway - they do a draw for the grand prize - VIP tix to meet with Andre Agassi (not sure if it's just a quick photo, or a schmooze); They don't announce the name - they call them.... My cell rings! I turn the radio down and say "Hello Larry & Willy!".

I'm pretty excited. Life is so topsy-tervey right now I could use a little modivation!

I've heard about this and am really interested but tix are $250-400 each! I was thinking, this sucks - to go to the Power within, you need power and money.... stupid power. So I entered a Radio contest - and won!!!!

When I told my boss about it - he said he has tickets! So it wasn't a problem getting the day off.

http://www.powerwithin.com/

  • Motivation: Andre Agassi
  • Creativity: Quincy Jones
  • Motivation: Christopher Gardner ("The Pursuit of Happiness"
  • Stress Management: Loretta LaRoche (Life is short, wear your party pants)
  • Self Empowerment: Frank Abagnale (Catch me if you can)
  • Time Managment: David Allen (Top selling author)
  • Investments: Phil Town
  • Special Guest: Martha Stewart

2 comments:

subutterfly73 said...

sweet!
that would be totally up my alley.
pout dang living in calgary

Melanie said...

Lisa - It will be in Cowtown in April with Bill Clinton as the guest speaker!